Packing of Oxidized bitumen:
Packing of oxidized bitumen are often in 25Kg bag ,meltable platics or craft bag(non-stickable),by bulk tanker in heat and instrument to worldwide.
vapour of oxidized bitumen or mist can cause headache, nausea, irritation of nose and lungs.
Eye Contact: oxidized bitumen can cause slight irritation.
Prolonged or continual skin contact: oxidized bitumen can cause slight skin irritation.
Contact with hot material: oxidized bitumen can cause thermal burns which may finish in permanent skin injury. Hot product may cause severe eye burns and/or vision defect.
Safety Hazards: oxidized bitumen is not classified as inflammable. Contact of hot material with water will finish in vio- Lententide growth and splashing or boil-over may occur.
Environmental Hazards: oxidized bitumen is not classified as dangerous for the atmosphere.
Oxidized bitumen & oxidized asphalt:
Oxidized bitumen grades unit of measurement blown or alter bitumen 's that unit of measurement created by passing air through soft bitumen below controlled temperature conditions. This methodology provides the bitumen further rubbery properties than penetration or exhausting grade bitumens, and a variety of uses in industrial applications.
Oxidized bitumen grades unit of measurement acceptable for waterproofing saw cuts and joints where there is expected to be the minimum amount of obtaining the joint. Their wide temperature vary prevents hurt in hot temperature applications. alter oxidized bitumen will even be utilised in industrial applications like roofing, flooring, mastics, pipe coatings, electrical applications to decision several.
Oxidized bitumen created by further vigorous air process and it's acceptable for roofing, flooring, mastics, pipe coatings, electrical applications to decision several.
Physical Properties of Oxidized Bitumen
Used in Roofing The physical properties of some bitumens utilized in roofing are summarized in many studies [Puzinauskas 1982; Greenfeld 1960; Wilkinson 1958; Puzinauskas 1979].
All these targeted on properties of modify oxidized bitumen , whereas the 1979 Puzinauskas study additionally established that 2 common measurements of bitumen volatility the Loss on Heating and Flashpoint tests related to gaseous, vapor, and mist or aerosol elements of the oxidized bitumen fume generated in a very roofing kettle. sadly, these studies were restricted to oxidized bitumen modify to softening purposes typical of BUR and shingle coatings and thus don't characterize the spectrum of oxidized bitumen utilized in roofing as represented higher than. in a very separate study, Puzinauskas  subjected a kind III BUR bitumen and a standard AC-10 paving bitumen cement to a series of normal tests for physical properties. The results show that the 2 materials exhibit wide variations in body, softening point, penetration, flash purpose and loss on heating, all suggesting that the modify kind III BUR bitumen is way less susceptible to turn out fumes at any given temperature.
However, Puzinauskas  failed to take a look at straight-run and fewer extensively modify oxidized bitumen utilized in the roofing trade. additionally, as a result of the modify bitumen tested wasn't factory-made from the particular straight-run material studied by Puzinauskas , the results don't directly live the modification in properties that happens as a straight-run bitumen is modify into a high softening purpose roofing bitumen. to deal with these knowledge gaps, associate degree Owens Corning study [Trumbore 2008] (Appendix D) applied a series of normal ASTM tests to oxidized bitumen made up of commercially common crude sources and processed to typical performance specifications for the foremost vital straight run and modify bitumen merchandise within the U.S. roofing market.
In every crude supply comparison cluster, every progressive modification within the extent of chemical reaction made marked changes in softening purpose, penetration and body. additionally, measures of volatility and fuming potential shriveled markedly because the straight run roofer’s fluxes were subjected to progressively bigger chemical reaction process.
Oxidized bitumen History
These results area unit per those of other studies, beside Puzinauskas  degreed associate degree Environmental Protection Agency [Kariher 1991] kettle emissions study that found negligible emissions from a modify kind III BUR bitumen at 163°C, a temperature that is associated with substantial fume emissions from straight-run change hydrocarbon (e.g., Puzinauskas ). The Trumbore  data check that the common observation that, therefore on deflate viscosities to levels acceptable for manufacturing, method and application operations, some higher-softening-point roofing oxidized bitumen, like modify BUR materials, ought to be heated to well higher temperatures than various (e.g., straight-run or less extensively change) roofing oxidized bitumen, like roofers flux and compound modified hydrocarbon.
The issue is that it's inaccurate to assume, as some existing reviews do, that every one oxidized bitumen used in roofing area unit modify , or have physical properties and fuming characteristics a bit like BUR oxidized bitumen. the recognition that oxidized bitumen used in roofing exhibit a decent vary of physical properties and reply to heating in markedly alternative routes has two important implications first, the only necessary due to classify oxidized bitumen roofing merchandise keep with their fume exposure potential is to cluster them keep with application technique i.e., “hot”, “soft” and “cold”. Second, tho' temperature is certainly a significant take into account fume emission rate and composition, it's inappropriate to possess confidence temperature alone as degree indicator of fume exposure potential in hot application operations. various problems, beside the physical properties of the oxidized bitumen and operational factors like work practices and environmental conditions, ought to be thought-about in conjunction with temperature in evaluating potential worker fume exposures.
How to produce oxidized bitumen?
1. Oxidized bitumen heating to 265-270 °C
2. Transferring melted oxidized Bitumen to blowing towers
3. blowing air to bitumen
4. Cooling melted bitumen with water
The procedures of manufacturing Oxidized bitumen are as follows:
1. Continuous blowing procedure
2. Discontinuous blowing procedure
These 2 procedures are done by different 2 procedures named catalysis and anticatalysts. catalysis means adding some chemical material during the method so as to decrease blowing reaction time.
These are benefits of the discontinuous manufacturing procedure:
1. Ease and simplicity in changing blowing condition and have production with different grades as a result.
2. Ease in generating the unit.
3. Ease in technology and additionally low expense in investment.
1. The processing should be done from the bottom of blowing tanker. The reaction between oxidized bitumen and air is calorific. If the heat produced during the mixture is high, the heat of reaction is controlled by water injection.
2. Admixture of air and also the volume of blowing air are 2 important variants in blowing method. In oxidized bitumen manufacturing plant, bitumen 60/70 is typically got by blowing. in this case for creating oxidized bitumen 90/15 or oxidized Bitumen 85/25 distilled used oil or crude oil ought to be injected to the product according to the volume 20-25 the worries otherwise the fragility in bitumen result in inferior production.
3. Increasing the heating temperature, air injection amount, time and tower pressure increase the speed of production method reaction. the suitable temperature for production operation is 265-270 °C which ought to be controlled not to be ascended since in high temperature and in 288 °C intensity of reaction becomes more sever and incontrollable that lead to explosion in tower.
4. The long time stay of bitumen in tower in any condition isn't in favor of system and should be delivered to drum or empty tanker once being ready.
5. If the liquid surface in blowing tower is low, not more than particular limit ought to be added to the system for the extra air gather in empty components and lead to ignition nearly. And if the temperature is kept high, the heat of tower ascend fats and this issue cause inside explosion and damage the system.
6. blowing tower is filled up to 70th. Air injection is finished in 190-232°C. the final point of blowing is specified by sampling and testing of oxidized Bitumen properties. Finally the temperature of product ought to be kept 150- 165 °C in order to have loading and packing capability.
International custom tarrif code of oxidized asphalt is 27132000
All grade of petroleum oxidized bitumen grades as below categorized below HS code of 27132000
- Oxidized bitumen 75/25
- Oxidized bitumen 85/25
- Oxidized bitumen 95/25
- Oxidized bitumen 90/40
- Oxidized bitumen 90/10
- Oxidized bitumen 90/15
- Oxidized bitumen 115/15
- Oxidized bitumen 110/15
- Oxidized bitumen 105/5
- Oxidized bitumen 105/15
- Oxidized bitumen 105/35
Specification of the Oxidized bitumen 95/25 :
Specification of the Oxidized bitumen 115/15 :